Please share with students…
PATHWAYS PROGRAM (INTERNSHIPS) – 2014 SPRING/SUMMER HIRE CYCLE VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS WILL OPEN STARTING MARCH 17, 2014
The is actively seeking student applicants for the Pathways Program. This hiring cycle will recruit Pathways Interns Not-to-Exceed (NTE) for spring/summer 2014. NTE Interns may be hired on a temporary basis for up to one year. Intern positions by occupation groups are listed below. GS grade depends on amount of coursework, related experience, and general experience.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTS: Vacancy announcements will be advertised on beginning March 17, 2014 for positions GS-1 through GS-4. The GS-5* vacancy announcements will be advertised on USAjobs.gov beginning March 24, 2014. Vacancy announcement numbers have been assigned as follows:
Vacancy Announcement Number
|General Administration, Clerical, and Office Services (Student Trainee)||GS-0399-2GS-0399-3GS-0399-4||14-R5-0399-ADM-2-PW14-R5-0399-ADM-3-PW14-R5-0399-ADM-4-PW|
|Natural Resources and Biological Sciences
|GS-0499 – 2GS-0499 – 3GS-0499 – 4||14-R5-0499-FOR-BIO-2-PW14-R5-0499-FOR-BIO-3-PW14-R5-0499-FOR-BIO-4-PW|
|*GS-0499 – 5||14-R5-0499-FOR-BIO-5-PW|
|Engineering and Architecture(Student Trainee)||GS-0899 – 2GS-0899 – 3GS-0899 – 4||14-R5-0899-ENG-2-PW14-R5-0899-ENG-3-PW14-R5-0899-ENG-4-PW|
|General (Student Trainee)||GS-0099 – 1||14-R5-0099-GEN-1-PW|
HOW TO APPLY: Applicants must access the vacancy announcements through USAJobs – http://usajobs.gov/ Applicants must establish a profile and build or upload a resume in the USAJobs site. For assistance in navigating USAJobs: https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Main_Page
- Once you have established your Profile and Resume, that data will be used in all future applications without the need to reenter. It is recommended that applicants complete the on-line resume and attach a document/resume with past supervisor’s contact information to expedite reference checks. Applicants are still required to recertify their application every 60 days.
- Applicants will need to attach any required supporting documents (DD-214 to claim Veterans Preference, Transcripts, etc.) for each job applied to – they are not automatically added to your application from your profile.
- If your application documents are too large (more than 3MB) to upload into USAJOBS, you can convert your documents into a Portable Document Format (PDF) file to reduce the file size. Please read the entire Vacancy Announcement carefully.
- Your responses will be evaluated by Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) and Human Resources to confirm supporting documentation and experience from your resume and past supervisor’s reference checks.
MORE INFORMATION: For general assistance, please contact the staff below. Most remote locations offer housing.
- Stephen Thomas, Student Employment Programs, Fire and Apprenticeship Program, email@example.com, (530) 934-1108, (707) 373-3140 cell
- Henrietta Haaziq, Physical/Biological Sciences, firstname.lastname@example.org, (530) 532-7453,(530) 515-7367 cell
- Diann McGlothen, Administrative, Clerical, email@example.com, (909) 382-2670,(707) 373-9659 cell
- Reynaldo Rivera, Engineering, Technicians (non-fire), Law Enforcement, Veterans, firstname.lastname@example.org, (805) 646-4348 ext 327, (707) 373-0598 cell
California Consortium Directors
- Northern – Notasha Mauer, email@example.com (530) 934-1125
- Central – Lily Nieves, firstname.lastname@example.org (559) 297-0706 extension 4824
- Southern – Fabian Garcia, email@example.com (626) 574-5349
LEARN MORE ABOUT YOUR LOCAL NATIONAL FORESTS
(Pacific Southwest Region – Region 5)
Forest Websites and Local Contacts
Mendocino National Forest http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/mendocino/ Forest Civil Rights Officer – Vacant (530) 934-1103
Modoc National Forest http://www.fs.fed.us/r5/modoc/ Forest Civil Rights Officer – Deante Topps. (530) 233-8716
USDA Forest Service is an Equal Opportunity Employer